—OUGE gives you the easy way to know the power inductor
The inductor is used as a kind of energy storage device in many occasions. Besides energy storage, it also has the functions of choke, transformation, filter, and resonance. When an alternating current passes through a wire, an alternating magnetic field is generated around it. The basic rationale of the inductor is to use magnetism to generate electricity and electricity generate the magnetism again to store energy in the interior. Therefore, the inductance value will be affected by the core material, shape, winding number, and so on. The power inductor presents little resistance to DC, but much resistance to AC.
The inductance L is the inherent characteristic of the inductor itself, which is directly related to voltage, current, and other measurement value. Hence, the inductance is an essential parameter of the power inductor.
- Inductive reactance
As is known to all, the capacitance is corresponding to the capacitive reactance. In the same way, the inductance relates to the inductive reactance, which indicates the degree of alternating current by the coil, impedance values XL= 2πfL.
- Q Value
The Q value of the inductor is a physical value of the coil, the higher the Q value, the smaller the loop loss. The Q value is generally dozens to hundreds, Q=ωL/R
- Rated Current
Rated current indicates the maximum allowable current in the coil. The current limit should be fully considered when designing the circuit, especially for high-frequency choke coil.
- DR Inductor
DR inductor generally is a plug-in type inductor. It is mainly based on the actual need to do the coil winding on a magnetic core, which leads to the two pins at the same time, and finally add heat-shrinkable casing. Generally, different manufacturers of coil winding have different winding methods. Due to the larger volume of DR inductor and the diversity of magnetic core selection, the rated current and inductance value can be increased to the required value.
- DR Inductor Features
– Small size, so it takes up little installation space
– Low distributed capacitance and high resonance frequency
– Special needle structure, not easy to produce open circuit phenomenon
– Use PVC or UL heat-shrinkable sleeve for protection
– Lead-free for environmental protection
- DR Inductor Functions
– Energy Storage, filtering in the power supply to make the electric display source more stable
– As an oscillating component formed in the switching circuit to boost the voltage.
– In the power supply plays the role of choke, which not only prevents the power supply in the harmonic components pollution grid, but also prevents the power supply harmonic components interference to play a stable role.
- Magnetic Inductor
The magnetic ring is connected with the cable to form a power inductor. The wire in the cable is wound several times on the magnetic ring as the inductor coil, which is a commonly used anti- interference element and has an excellent shielding effect for high- frequency noise. Therefore, it’s called the absorption magnetic inductor. Because it’s usually made of ferrite material, it’s also called ferrite magnetic inductor.
- Magnetic Inductor Features
– The excellent current frequency characteristic
– Good attenuation characteristics
– The materials meet the safety standards; Low magnetic leakage
– Inductance range: 1mh-50mh above (common mode), 10uh- 1mh above (differential mode)
– Working voltage: AC 100-250v, 50/60 Hz or above
- Magnetic Inductor Functions
– The magnetic ferrite beads can be used in the circuit to increase high-frequency loss without introducing DC loss. Because of their small size, which is easy to be installed in the lead or wire of the range, they have a pronounced effect on noise signal suppression over 1MHz. They also can be used as decoupling, filtering and parasitic oscillation suppression of high- frequency circuits.
– For low impedance power supply circuits, resonant circuits, and SCR switching circuits, the use of ferrite beads for filtering is effective. The magnetic bead of the magnetic inductor can be divided into resistivity and inductance. The impedance of a single magnetic bead is generally ten to several hundred ohms. If one attenuation is not enough, multiple magnetic beads can be used in series, but usually, the effect will not be significantly increased when there are more than three.
For more info, please visit: http://www.ougedianzi.com/